Scallops caramelized “à la plancha”, soft and creamy Carnaroli risotto with aged Parmesan and country bacon, « Carbonara » style, bacon emulsion.
Ingredients for 6 servings:
• 24 good-sized sea scallops about 30 g apiece
• 3 slices smoked flat pancetta
• 200 g fresh button mushrooms
• 50 cl white chicken stock
• 20 cl single cream
• Flat-leaf parsley
• Olive oil
• Wild salad greens
To prepare the bacon emulsion
• Dice the pancetta, reserving the pork rind and trimmings.
• In a pan, heat a dash of olive oil and add the bacon trimmings. Fry until golden, drain off the fat and deglaze the cooking juices with the chicken stock.
• Add the cream and cook the mixture over very low heat for a good hour.
• Purée in a blender and keep warm.
• Wash the mushrooms, slice them, sauté gently with butter and set aside.
Risotto – serves 6 :
• 400 g Carnaroli rice
• 1 l white chicken stock
• 50 g chopped onions
• 20 cl olive oil
• 100 g grated Parmesan
• 20 g green scallion tops
To prepare the risotto :
• Sweat the onions and fry the rice until slightly translucent.
• Add the chicken stock a bit at a time, stirring until absorbed, taking care to keep the rice texture firm.
• Set aside and let cool.
• Just before serving, re-heat and finish cooking, adding the Parmesan as well as the minced scallion tops.
To prepare the scallops:
• At the last moment, sear the scallops in a hot, dry pan, then deglaze with a dash of oil and a pat of butter.
• Sauté the mushrooms, adding the diced bacon and some flat leaf parsley at the end.
Mound the risotto in a soup plate, top with the mushrooms and bacon and place the caramelized scallops on top.
Place the bacon emulsion and the wild salad greens on top of the scallops.